Garbage and Recycle Services are provided by REACT Waste Management District
- Garbage is picked is biweekly on Tuesday mornings- Garbage tags are no longer required.
- ALL garbage MUST be bagged.
- Broken glass or sharp items should be in a puncture-proof container.
- Items placed beside the carts WILL NOT be picked up. Items placed on top of the carts will result in your cart not being tipped.
- If necessary, compostable material can be put in the waste bin, but MUST BE BAGGED.
- DO NOT place tree branches in garbage carts.
- DO NOT OVERFILL your cart! The lid must be closed completely or your cart WILL NOT be tipped. Tipping an overfilled cart can result in the contents falling on the street and/or a damaged cart! Replacement cost is $110.
- Return your cart to your property within 24 hour5s after collection to help protect your from vandalism.
- Place your cart on the curb/road edge by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place your on the street with the wheel slightly away from the curb area.
- For safety and liability reasons, the cart will not be tipped if it is placed on the boulevard, sidewalk, or on your property.
- Place the arrows on the cart lid toward the street.
- Ensure that there is 4′ (feet) of clearance on both sides of your cart and 15′ (feet) clearance above. The arms of the truck wrap around the cart and lift it. There, if it is too close to a parked vehicle or other obstruction, it will not be tipped to avoid damage.
- DO NOT paint or write on the cart.
- DO NOT remove cart from your residence.
- Garbage may be taken to the LeRoy Transfer Station on Wednesdays and Saturdays – Located 1 km northwest of LeRoy)
- SPRING/SUMMER HOURS ~ Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Recycled materials, such as card board, newspaper and magazines, tin cans, office paper and envelopes may be deposited into the blue bins located at the LeRoy Transfer Station.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED IN OR NEAR CARTS:
- Ashes of any kind.
- Automotive parts, oil filters, oil, etc.
- Reno/construction/demo material (ex. boards, roofing material, carpet, etc.)
- Sod, dirt, concrete.
- Household hazardous chemicals/cleaners.
- Dead animals.
FREE OF CHARGE
- Haul your compost, tree branches to the transfer station FREE of charge!!
- Weather permitting – Town employees will do weekly pick-ups of compost/branches on Fridays, if you CANNOT haul to the transfer station.
- Compost/leaves MUST be in a clear or orange recycle bag.
- Compost bags/branches will ONLY be picked up if left in the back alley. For streets without a back alley, they may be placed on your front curb.
- Small amounts of tree branches may be picked up if they are in manageable lengths.
- If you have a lot of tree branches, please call the Town Office for our custom rates or you can deliver them directly to the REACT Transfer Station on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- You may take your used oil and filters, FREE of charge, to the Oil Collection Site at LeRoy!
PLEASE DO NOT MIX GRASS CLIPPINGS/COMPOST WITH TREE BRANCHES. THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
For more information, please call REACT at 306-682-1955, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.reactsask.ca